Your Favorite Aviation Quote

Plan your flight, fly your plan...

hope and wishful thinking make a lousy flight plan.  I hope there is enough fuel to get to my destination, I wish I filled up before I left.

For the Airforce guys:

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
-(Sign over the entrance to the SR-71 operating location Kadena, Japan).

-a-

• Like 1

My Dad [and of course he was a Mooney driver] said two things while I was growing up:

1) There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

2) You fly like the famous Chinese pilot OneWingLow

1) Flying is hours of tedium and boredom interspersed with moments of sheer terror.

2) Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.

3) from my Dad:  It's not the fall that hurts you, its the sudden stop at the bottom.  Apply that to flying.....