Mooney Faceoff with Marauder

201er

Faster Mooney  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Mooney do you bet is faster?

• Marauder's M20F
    • 201er's M20J

Marauder, I'm tired of you dissing my Mooney and going around acting like yours is soooo fast. It's only an F Model! That's 3 letters behind a J! We're gonna settle this once and for all! I challenge you to a race tomorrow leaving the York Mooney fly-in. No more fancy gadgetry, diving it before taking the photo, etc. No cheating and getting away with it this time! We're gonna race head to head!

Mooneyspace is taking bets on whose Mooney is faster!

Your checklist Mike: 1) Drain your tanks to 5 gallons a side -- I could be a poor sport and say, drain them to 2 gallons. 2) Put 5 quarts of CamGuard in -- I hear it can get you 5 knots. 3) Leave the parrots at home -- It hurts your useful load, even if they are flying in the cockpit. 4) Pray to http://www.catholic-saints.info/patron-saints/patron-saint-of-flying.htm

• Like 1

Byron,

That girl is complete, she comes equipped with knowledge, experience and a roll of 200mph duct tape. I sense Chris is going to need that level of help.

If you want to help, we may have room in the back for someone with your level of experience...

All in good fun, thanks,

-a-

I would think the level playing field idea is a good idea. otherwise I could see this spiraling into pulling all of the seats out except the pilot seat, adding weight as far back as possible to get the CG pushed aft and numerous other little tricks.

How far are you racing? Or are you just going to get up into cruise flight side by side and push all the money knobs forward and lean for best power?