Headset Hanger

bnicolette

On 12/1/2017 at 7:37 AM, Stnelson903 said:

Can you repost those pics? They are not coming through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know if you need better pictures.  These are from my album on here.  I can take some better photos next time I go to the hangar. Or I think I might have a spare one in the garage I can take a picture of for you.

8FD33790-ADA9-4D4F-BAAF-8AB6A5D0E1C8.jpeg

2A96DBED-F6BB-4AE0-9826-71E56138FF2E.jpeg

I hang both Bose X on the respective yoke shaft and keep them plugged up.  Take the passenger's cord and wrap around pilot side yoke handgrip and lay the battery/switch on the engine controls.  Do the opposite with the pilot headset and both cords are out of the way yet ready to go next time.

3 hours ago, Piloto said:

I just hang mine on the prop control and my wife set on the back seat. Beware, never leave your headset on the glare shield. The sun heat is damaging on the seals even for a few minutes.

José

Indeed. There's not much that can be safely left on the glare shield and a Oximeter/pulsometer isn't one of them. Anything with thermoplastic is likely to get reshaped.

Just now, Bob_Belville said:

Indeed. There's not much that can be safely left on the glare shield and a Oximeter/pulsometer isn't one of them. Anything with thermoplastic is likely to get reshaped.

Precisely! That's one of the reasons I was looking for a way to hang the headsets up out of the way and away from direct sunlight. That, and the fact that I am anything but graceful when mounting my M20 steed, and anything within reach of my legs upon entry is in 100% danger of being knocked, pulled, tangled, and ultimately made inoperative. Suffice it to say that I've proved this to myself in more or less expensive ways. I'm happy with the lash-up I have in my airplane now with my RAM mount and flag pole rope cleat contraption. It doesn't look TOO bad, and is very functional for my purposes, getting the headsets and cords up out of the way and protected from the sun behind the sun visors. Plus it occupied me for a few hours while I worked through the trial and error installation and kept me out of my wife's hair, which makes her happy. And when mama's happy? Come on, you know the rest...

Cheers,
Rick

Thanks Charles..note this simple hanger is free to rotate on the same visor screw that mounts the visor..the fuzzy Velcro is a perfect pad and provides resistance to unwanted movement.I had this setup going on 9 years and haven't had to adjust it yet.Both headsets hang out of the way in the corner or the windshield.Plugs and wire are routed off the floor and don't kicked or snagged while exiting..patent applied for ha ha..When I taxi to the gas pump..I frequently just leave the headsets hanging and just use the hand mic and speaker for coms

Edited by thinwing