After factory electric flaps paperwork (kit 94001-503)

So I have determined that our 1967 M20F had the electric flaps (Mooney kit 94001-503) installed in 1998.  The only paperwork I have is a log book entry stating it was IAW the Mooney drawing.  The FAA has no 337 on it and I can find no STC pwperwork.  Does anyone know if this installation required an STC or a form 337?  Does anyone have this kit and have any paperwork on it?

An STC would not be necessary, as the factory drawing constitutes "approved data" to make the modification.  As to whether a 337 is required, that would depend on whether this constitutes a "major alteration".  I'd argue that changing the plane from one certified configuration to a different certified configuration would not be a major alteration, but I suppose some mechanics could disagree on that.

Thanks guys.  I would think it would require an AFM supplement since it changes the operation of the aircraft.  If my S-tec replacement autopilot required a supplement, you would think that electric flaps would.  I do not have an AFM supplement in my paperwork for the flaps.

Monticello,

Something to consider...

Reading through my POH, there isn't much in there regarding the electric flaps. They mention when to use flaps and the position to which they are set, but there is not a section specifically about the flaps....

I'll have to search more to be sure.

I do have a separate AFM Suplement on the operation of APs as well.

Try to determine if there is a supplement to be had...

Best regards,

-a-

Mooney has their FMS online. I have mooney Dual brake retrofit and the install instructions and drawings do not mention a FMS. E-mail Stacey at mooney and ask if you should have on. The FAA was not as strict on FMS back in the 60's as they are today.

http://www.mooney.com/service-support/afm-supplements-2.html

Stacey at Mooney was a great help.  Here is what she said:

"All that is required is a logbook entry if installed per drawing 940001.
This drawing is incorporated into the type design data. There is no
supplement."

She also provided the drawings, they are attached for anyone who is interested.

940001_A - Electric Gear drawings.pdf