Got a new addition to the Family

David, I rarely use the PC override button any more, unless practicing maneuvers (and not all the time then). The extra resistance reminds me to not overbank in the pattern. From my initial training, I do not use full flaps as SOP; Takeoff flaps on downwind, adjust as necessary on final. With wind like you had, full flaps would be a bad idea.

Welcome to the family! Have fun learning your new plane. It should be much simpler than a PC-12.

Where are you based?

Fly often and fly fast - congratulations on obtaining such a beautiful classic bird! :rolleyes: PS. I am with Bob_Bellville - T-hangars-a-plenty here in Albemarle, NC (KVUJ) for $85/mo. or you can go deluxe for $200/mo. Most of the small airports around here will let you build your own hangar(s) with a 10-20-30 yr land lease that is very reasonable. ;)
Wow! $85 per month for a hanger? I pay $230 for a run down piece of crap built in the 40s with a two inch clearance on the tail. Consider yourself lucky. O course, there are some guys in south Florida who probably think I'm lucky.
  • Like 1