EI CGR-30P new engine monitor

Was snooping Oshkosh today and stumbled upon EI's new engine monitor released today. Its a 3 1/8 install and doesn't protrude from the dash like the JPI, is a full color. Certified for primary monitor and has all the same features as the MVP-50 I played with it for some time today and was incredibly impressed. Here's the punch line. Drum roll. All EGT, rpm, CHT oil press oil temp manifold press fuel flow are all included and primary. Aircraft spruce price. $3300. Yes. OVER $2000 less than the JPI 900. I wandered over to the JPi booth asking them their plan to match the price and rudely got "we've never heard of this new monitor nor will we discount ours." Ok I guess this new EI is it! Too bad cause I was going to the show to buy a JpI.

I have a picture of it on my phone, how do we add pics on the new website.

• Like 2

I would still consider it subpar to the JPI EDM 900 as the display doesn't seem as crisp/as high resolution, it doesn't appear to be certified as primary for the fuel gauges, and the layout of things on the JPI seems more "intuitive" for lack of a better term to me at least

I'll ask tomorrow about the fuel tank certification. And I can assure you it's crisp display. Even standing there playing with it people were coming by commenting on how crisp and clear it was. It also has a display page that shows a picture of the engine with all the egt and CHTs on it.

It's got a USB drive that can mount anywhere in the panel for data logging- I asked they question today. And to add fuel senders it's a $100 analog to digital converter that gets installed to read the mooneys resistance based sensors. So tomorrow I will ask about fuel pressure and fuel level certification. It has a page that you can set each left or right fuel quantity independantly as well if you want and for overall level it as a cool graphic showing a glass emptying as the level goes down. Ill try and post some more pics. They said that only got it certified this last Thursday and released today so it's got barely any info or pics online.

I wandered over to the JPi booth asking them their plan to match the price and rudely got "we've never heard of this new monitor nor will we discount ours."

lol. Check this out:

http://www.buy-ei.com/Pages/Comparisons/Comp_Overview.html

To Our Customers:

Let us first apologize that you, our customer, must again be confronted with the petty issues that we find ourselves being forced to deal with on a daily basis. We would prefer to simply sell our products in peace and let our competitors do the same, but we have yet again been forced to respond to defamatory claims made by our competition. In spite of the fact that we've requested JPI to remove false statements regarding our product, they continue to persist. It is interesting that we have NEVER had similar issues with ANY other competitor, and in fact we have enjoyed friendly banter with all of our competitors, except JPI. We are confident that the superiority of our products is abundantly clear when compared to JPI's, so we don't feel the need to sling mud in their direction by inundating you with page upon page of complaining, as they have felt it necessary to do on their website, as well as in their ads against us. Instead, we will let the unparalleled quality of our products and customer service, along with the comparison provided below, speak for themselves.

Thank you so much,

Electronics International

I wandered over to the JPi booth asking them their plan to match the price and rudely got "we've never heard of this new monitor nor will we discount ours." lol. Check this out: http://www.buy-ei.com/Pages/Comparisons/Comp_Overview.html To Our Customers: Let us first apologize that you, our customer, must again be confronted with the petty issues that we find ourselves being forced to deal with on a daily basis. We would prefer to simply sell our products in peace and let our competitors do the same, but we have yet again been forced to respond to defamatory claims made by our competition. In spite of the fact that we've requested JPI to remove false statements regarding our product, they continue to persist. It is interesting that we have NEVER had similar issues with ANY other competitor, and in fact we have enjoyed friendly banter with all of our competitors, except JPI. We are confident that the superiority of our products is abundantly clear when compared to JPI's, so we don't feel the need to sling mud in their direction by inundating you with page upon page of complaining, as they have felt it necessary to do on their website, as well as in their ads against us. Instead, we will let the unparalleled quality of our products and customer service, along with the comparison provided below, speak for themselves. Thank you so much, Electronics International
Any idea what the JPI claim is? Pretty bold, if not stupid, to make a claim in writing unless you have proof.

What primary instruments did you select when you ordered you CGR-30P?

What kind of pricing and when will it be available?

I think the required ones are

Fuel R/L

Oil Pressure

Fuel Pressure

Oil temp

CHT

AMPS

MP

RPMS

optional? and needed

Fuel Flow/ endurance

OAT

What primary instruments did you select when you ordered you CGR-30P? What kind of pricing and when will it be available? I think the required ones are Fuel R/L Oil Pressure Fuel Pressure Oil temp CHT AMPS MP RPMS optional? and needed Fuel Flow/ endurance OAT
I would be surprised it doesn't have fuel flow as standard. But if it doesn't, you will want it.