IFR to Mackinac and Pellston

201er

Nice video Mike!

We need to organize a Mooney weekend there!  That's our favorite destination.

We love to just sit on the balcony at The Lilac Tree hotel and "people watch" while listening to the "clip clop" of the horses.

The first time we were there we walked into the airport and they called for a taxi which was a horse & buggy.  The coolest thing I've seen was the UPS man walking beside a horse & flat bed buggy filled with cardboard boxes.

Very Nice. I grew up and went to college in Michigan and have many fond memories of flying to Mackinac Island for the finish of the Port Huron to Mackinac sailboat race. Is that a SageTech on your glare shield ? ADS-B and SVT with that?

I will be in St. Ignace for 2 weeks in August. I never landed on the Island...always WX....always Pellston. Careful, icing can sneak up on you in the summer, especially when the sun goes down. Did you go Akron, over Erie, Windsor, Saginaw, D? Or a more direct route from Jersey?