Springbank to Golden...canadian rockies

The201pilot

sorry had to remove this one...there will be an updated link to follow shortly, however it will not be able to be viewed on mobile devices,(through youtube) due to third party content (music)...

Here is the new link....sorry for the confusion...i tried to get around the whole copyright deal so it would be available on mobile devices...

http://youtu.be/lzjztigsZAo

silly me, trying to profit from someone else's work.. :wacko:

Thanks,

Marty

Really nice video. I liked the idea of putting the camera closer to the fuselage... looks great.

Oscar

if you would like to watch on a mobile device try this link !!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151755914466411&l=5469509690714529907

And, yes..a winter flight will be on the agenda this year...

m.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice!

I have a cousin in Calgary and my daughter and her husband (and our grandson) just moved to Vanderhoof (west of Price George) so crossing the Canadian Rockies has been on my mind quite a bit these past few months (live in Connecticut, USA).

With the normally aspirated Mooney do you often have to wait out the weather? Would you recommend a turbo for anyone taking a few trips a year into the mountains?

Cheers,

Robert

Thanks, I did a second trip over "the rocks" as opposed to through the valleys from calgary to creston b.c a couple weeks ago...i was about 12.5 on the way there and 13.5 on the way back, both vfr...

I do not need to get anywhere that desprately that i cannot wait out the weather.  But on the other hand, there would be nothing more i'd rather have these days than a 252...just to have the option of being in the FL's

To me its 2 totaly different types of flying...lower/slower, almost a lazy afternoon or day of sightseeing and taking in all or as much as there is to see, and the second merely climbing above everything until about 50 miles out and dropping into an approach...

I don't think anyone "needs" the turbo...but if i had to make my first purchase again, i'd do nothing different. However, if you do find yourself flying out "high/hot/heavy" a turbo might be the way to go... my 201 suits the mission i ask of her without question.  Because of the experience i've gained "learning" to fly a mooney with my 201 i feel much more confident looking forward to my next purchase which will be a 252..