Interior time!!!

Looking at all of the beautiful interiors here on the site just pushed me over the edge. 40M will be getting all the trimmings - and a custom embroidery on the head rests from the good folks at Aero Plus.  I'll post the transformation in a couple weeks.

Mike--

Is that your plane with all the interior panels out on the home page? Looks like quite a project! I removed both ceiling panels and many of the sides when upgrading my 430 to WAAS, because we had to replace the coax.

Could you take a picture for me of the pieces on the ceiling below the air scoop that send air forward to the ceiling vents? Mine was badly damaged during the WAAS antenna installation, and I need to owner-fabricate a replacement as the only parts I've been able to find are not correct. There's a small blurry sketch in the Parts Manual, but that's about it.

Thanks in advance, and good luck with your interior redo!

I need the plastic piece. The original GPS antenna install cracked it; at replacement, additional damage occurred, and I really notice during warm weather that I'm not getting much air.

Thanks for whatever pictures you can send!!

• 1 month later...

The seat frames are fixed, the foam is built up and I got to do a test sit - I have memory foam sandwiched in the seat and the back - Head rests are made and some of the leather work is done for the rear seat.  About half of the plastic is wrapped. 

Got promises for next week - can't wait

post-7439-0-31297600-1374803932_thumb.jppost-7439-0-81780200-1374803960_thumb.jppost-7439-0-62972300-1374804002_thumb.jp

Mike--

Is that your plane with all the interior panels out on the home page? Looks like quite a project! I removed both ceiling panels and many of the sides when upgrading my 430 to WAAS, because we had to replace the coax.

Could you take a picture for me of the pieces on the ceiling below the air scoop that send air forward to the ceiling vents? Mine was badly damaged during the WAAS antenna installation, and I need to owner-fabricate a replacement as the only parts I've been able to find are not correct. There's a small blurry sketch in the Parts Manual, but that's about it.

Thanks in advance, and good luck with your interior redo!

Hank,

that is my C model that I went a little over board with, started as needing to do a prop strike inspection and some cowling repairs due to my hanger doors being torn off and beating up the plane during hurricane sandy. then i decided since everything was off anyway i would add the MVP-50 engine monitor that i have wanted to install for years and would take care of the problems with the six pack gauges. with the MVP-50 going in i needed to modify the copilots instrument panel, no big deal, I had a friend with a C&C it would be quick work... but then he had the wood grain from another project and that meant doing the pilots side also.....twist my arm. once all the panels were out I started the MVP-50 install and started looking at the 50+yr old wiring ...you guessed it.out it came and new went in all nice and labeled. now the engine is back and installed everything is going back together nicely the powder coated baffling makes the everything look new, the panel is looking great but my 1970's interior doesn't match....yep you know i did...went to airtex who is just down the road. now all i am waiting for is the cowl to be painted and the seats and heat liner to arrive. oh yea almost forgot the back glass that i ordered since everything is already pulled out and the seat belt upgrade. now the question is how do i get the plane painted with out finding myself living in it because the wife kicked me out.

I will post pics as the interior is completed and the rest of the plane goes back together.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I did a complete interior kit from airtex this spring (side panels, carpet, leather and new foam). Company had some wait time, but great support, reasonably priced. I would go the same route again. I also did new plastic from plane plastics. The installation on the plastic was way more difficult.

Just to be clear, Mike wrote that Aero Plus did that sweet interior not Aero Comfort as mentioned by co2bruce. Aero Comfort does a great job....but this was not their work if I understand correctly.

That's correct. This is aero plus on field at Houston Southwest