Tank Re-Seal Experience Weep-No-More

Super pleased with Paul Beck and Weep-No-More tank re-seal.  Paul is over the top on communication-phone, e-mails-photos...specifically he gave us a couple hundred off for taking a slot a few months out.  He answers his phone...and or returns calls.  He posted photos of before nightmare...Let me know there was silicone used to re-seal the tank at some point (previous owner) and that he was going to need to use a tougher stripper in the tank.  Let me know status.  E-mailed invoice and even with addition of stripper and it's head-ache came in where I expected...NO SURPRISES.  Looking forward to 2014 and getting left tank completed.

THANK's PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-7313-0-02861900-1371830712_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Soctt-

Glad your experience went well.  I was happy with my bladders in my F model, but know that when the time comes in the Missile I'll take it to Weep-no-More.

Good luck when you do the other wing.

-Seth

• Like 1

I had mine resealed at Wet Wingologists in Ft. Lauderdale. Edison was on time, directly on cost vs. the quote, gives MAPA members a discount, and met me to leave the plane on a Saturday and drove me from his operation at FXE over to FLL for the airline home. Installed all new stainless screws in the inspection plates, masked off and repainted the wing walk, too.

Also, his warranty is seven years.

Nice, bigger ad in the latest MAPA log.

Prior to pulling the trigger, I called Wet Wingologists, Weep No More and Midwest Mooney [very pricy polyurethane-based coating]. Wet Wingologists had better pricing, longer warranty and is served by discount airlines [Allegiant] from here. The whole process was painless until I had to pay him . . .

I have nothing against Paul at Weep No More, but if you are new to Mooneys and wondering about tank reseals, there are options. Don Maxwell in Texas and an MSC in Oregon also use the Weep No More system, which is mostly chemical solvents and can damage the paint under the wing. Wet Wingologists does more hand scraping with less chemicals, and did zero paint damage to my plane.

Nice marketing there Hank. I will let you and everyone else know if I sustain any paint damage to the underside of my wing...Glad you let everybody know they have a nice big ad and that there are other alternatives out there for re-sealing your wing. Wasn't the purpose of my post, but glad you got that out there.

If you live in the midwest and choose to fly to Floriday to have your wings re-sealed...or Texas...or the East coast. Good on you.

Remember folks that's Wet wingologists for better fwarranty, pricing, no damage to bottom of wing and they know the best hookers while you are in town. Be there or be square....

Chemical solvents may cause paint damage (though I haven't seen any on my plane, after having had Paul do it a few months back).  Hand scraping can damage the tank interior skins.  You pays your money, you takes your chance.