Kansas City Area A&P/IA Needed for Special Flight/Ferry Permit

rakesb

I'm looking for an A&P or an IA in the Kansas City area who can help me obtain a special flight/ferry permit for my 1966 M20C.  I understand that it's a matter of filling out the form for a ferry permit, and looking at the plane to confirm that the plane is safe for this one-time flight. The form is then forwarded/FAXed to the controlling FAA FSDO where the FAA signs off and FAXes it back.  The plane was flown to its current location, Signature TechnicAir (KMKC) on 03 June 2013, had a recent history of flying, and was in annual until March 2013. TechnicAir obtained the flight permit for the flight on 03 June 2013, but refuses to help me obtain another permit.  The reason for the flight is to take the airplane to a repair facility, Don Maxwell (KGGG), that is more experienced with the maintenance discrepancies needing repair in order to complete the annual. One of the airworthiness discrepancies is cracks in the rear spar.  Don Maxwell told me that he sees 2 or 3 of these each year, i.e. the rear spar cracks for which Mooney published a service bulletin and makes a repair kit. Can anyone help me?  -- Bobby Rakes, (573) 337-3447

Check with the guys up at Roosterville (0N0), Just north of KC. The IA there owns a Mooney and could probably help. He owns the airport and lives beside it.

I have a friend who keeps his plane there and have been there several times with him while working there on business. Its a family owned/ran airport who are down to earth people who will either help or point you in the correct direction. Been in business close to 50 years I believe he told me.

Thank you so much for your suggestions.  DMax prefers not to be involved in the ferry flight/permit; I will check with Roosterville.  Unfortunately, my ferry pilot just called and backed out, as well. So, now I also need a qualified ferry pilot to fly the airplane from KMKC to KGGG. My insurance policy stipulates, "Any private pilot or better having a minimum of 500 total logged hours including 100 hours in retractable gear aircraft and 25 hours in the make and model.", which the insurance company interprets to mean 25 hours in Mooney M20 series aircraft.  I could also make the ferry pilot a named insured on my insurance policy, if necessary.  Can you help me? -- Bobby Rakes, 573-337-3447