1980 M20J For Sale

Rustler

Hi--

My 1980 M20J is for sale through Strategic Aircraft. The original deal I had to trade her for a 231 did not go through because the 231 didn't pass pre-buy.

If anyone is interested in a superb M20 J with Aspen and other really nice features, please take a look. I'm hoping to trade for an aircraft they have in stock.

http://strategicaircraft.com/1980-mooney-m20-j-n3832h/

Thanks.

Bodie--

Same here.

That was a good trip all the way around. I was impressed with Amos' paint job on the Bonanza that chauffeured you back to Arkansas; I've talked with him about doing a Mooney if I buy one needing paint. Did you ever re-do your interior panels?

Bodie--

Same here.

That was a good trip all the way around. I was impressed with Amos' paint job on the Bonanza that chauffeured you back to Arkansas; I've talked with him about doing a Mooney if I buy one needing paint. Did you ever re-do your interior panels?

I did redo the panels but did not wrap them. They look good as new and may have added a few knots! Haha

• 2 months later...

Hi--

My 1980 M20J is for sale through Strategic Aircraft. The original deal I had to trade her for a 231 did not go through because the 231 didn't pass pre-buy.

If anyone is interested in a superb M20 J with Aspen and other really nice features, please take a look. I'm hoping to trade for an aircraft they have in stock.

http://strategicaircraft.com/1980-mooney-m20-j-n3832h/

Thanks.

The link dosen't seem to work.  Sold?

Whats the deal with trading an aircraft? How exactly does that work? Do they just give you much less for the trade-in and try sell it later? I see some websites like Premier in Fla saying looking for good trades, and wondered how that works? Anyone know?

• Like 1

Looking for good trades is often the same as looking for good trade ins....(not ratty trade ins)

You bring in your old Piper and they take it in as a down payment on a nicer Mooney.

In the end, you will probably feel like the didn't give you enough value for the piper or their price for the Mooney was too high.

A good trade is one where they make money.

A not so good trade requires them to take on the risk of fixing or replacing things.

Best regards,

-a-

Whats the deal with trading an aircraft? How exactly does that work? Do they just give you much less for the trade-in and try sell it later? I see some websites like Premier in Fla saying looking for good trades, and wondered how that works? Anyone know?

I just completed a trade with Premier. From what I can tell they typically desire high demand, low maintenance trades. In other words I don't think they want to invest in fixing them up and having to inventory them for a while. They take care of all of the paperwork. They give you an offer on your trade towards the new aircraft. Premier is a top notch outfit and one that I will consider if and when I do another deal. They treat everyone very well, like royalty actually.

Russ

• Like 1

A potential benefit to trading with a broker or FBO is that depending on your tax situation, you may only owe sales or use tax on the difference in the plane values vs. the full price of the new plane.  This is variable according to location and how you buy/own the plane of course.

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly, Scott. I traded my old Cherokee 180 to a broker out in Colorado who was selling my Mooney for a private owner. He paid me wholesale for the Cherokee and I paid him retail for the Mooney, but the logistics were a piece of cake (he took the Cherokee sight unseen), and I only paid sales tax on the difference. I was satisfied with the deal. I also felt like I got at least some liability protection by virtue of having the broker between me and the next owner of the Cherokee, which sold in just a matter of a couple of weeks.

Jim

that is impressive.  no prebuy or anything by the broker?