After work fun

N601RX

Here is my 1st venture at flying several years ago.  Nothing like getting home from work and taking off from the backyard.  Kind of wish I still had it.  For some reason I never seemed to have any gas for the lawnmower when it came time to cut the grass.

You may need to install quicktime to see the videos.

Takeoff 11-3-02 HQ.mov

2Touch&Go Smooth 11-30-02 HQ.mov

post-7624-0-17820200-1367347000_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Its a old cell phone.  This was about 10 years ago when I had the flying go-kart as my wife called it.  I had some parachute jumpers tell me I was crazy, but they usually got pretty quite when I told them that it would not leave the ground unless the parachute was open and reminded them that when they jump out of a plane they were just hoping their parachute would open.   Actually its pretty safe, It only goes 30mph and can land almost anywhere.  I flew it for about 300 hrs and never had any problems.

The funniest thing that ever happened was that someone called the police department and told them that a plane had crashed and the occupants had parachuted out and were caught in a updraft and being blown away by the wind. The dispatcher knew me and ask the person to describe what it looked like and then told them that everything was ok.  I had several people follow me for several miles back to my house just to ask for a ride.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

+1 on the heights thing...

O.K. to do zip-lines and repel, but climbing the tower...standing on platform before tied in...Not good. I am unsafe on a roof and on a ladder. Maybe too many reviews of falls....

Those sure look fun, though. My sister-in-law has one. Rotax. I don't think she has operated in years, but still has it.

• 2 weeks later...