Landing on Grass

Bryan has positive proof posted in you tube and photos.

I haven't maintained that level of skill or stack of C notes in my wallet to make me land on anything green.

Skill=$

I am definitely jealous of those that always land smoothly and softly.

Best regards,

-a-

I actually had to meet a customer at Vineland Downstown to pick up a title ....The E landed fine on grass , but at 75 over the fence I used up almost the whole runway (2000 ft)....Takeoff was no problem.....  I think next time I have to land on grass I'm taking the Beech , because it has much bigger tires and longer legs , but I still don't like taking either one on grass , unless I need to.... 

I fly onto a 3100' grass strip in southwest FL about every week and have had no issues. I carry a little power at touchdown and flare with the yoke in my lap and hold it there as long as possible. 

The only thing I would caution you on is on takeoff, just keep slight backpressure on the yoke and don't hold it in your lap if you were used to doing that in Cessnas. I'm guessing the added power of the Mooney would make it want to drift off to the left of the runway until I picked up a little more airspeed.