Superb Weep No More Service

Wistarmo

Like many before, I need to relate to the members the outstanding work being done by Paul Beck and Weep No More.  I have a 1993 M20J MSE that developed a small leak at an underwing access panel, in addition to two leaking screws at the forward wing-walk area.  Two prior attempts to seal these by good mechanics about two years apart were unsuccessful.  I contacted Paul who was always responsive and eager to help me solve the problem.  I sent him pictures of the leaks and he assured me they could be fixed successfully.  (In my favor was the quality of the sealant in the later "J" models and pictures of the inside of my tanks showed my particular sealant to overall be in good shape.)  Paul offered to come to take care of my problem in Florida, and paying his commercial travel expenses and hotel room worked out to be less than taking the aircraft up to Minnesota.  I was later able to connect with another owner in this area who split Paul's expenses with me, making this very affordable.  He shipped his tools and sealants in advance to my local shop.  Paul arrived around two o'clock in the afternoon and within an hour had the panel off, identified the problem, and had the panel back on as well as the leaking screws.  These access panels are actually composed of two pieces of metal that overlap, and the problem the other two mechanics had misunderstood was that the leak was coming between the two layers of metal.  After Paul reinstalled the panel, he cured it for about two hours and that was all it took.  It has been several months and flights since and there is no recurrence of either leak. 

I was fortunate that Paul was able to identify in advance that this was a problem he could treat locally; he tells me that in most cases the sealant is so badly deteriorated that a trip to his shop is necessary, so he can't always travel to your plane.  I cannot emphasize enough how professional he was and how sincerely interested he was in taking care of my problem.  His extensive experience gives him the ability to rapidly assess the problem and provide the exact solution necessary.  He is thoroughly reliable and a pleasure to deal with, and it was a great experience working with him.  I would give him my highest recommendation.

post-7454-0-25713600-1365466314_thumb.jp

+1. The willmar boys are awesome. Paul did my complete strip and reseal a year ago and did a great job. Speaking of Willmar when I did my stupid gear up, Paul's from weep no more went with and helped the Willmar airservice (mooney dealer) retrieve the plane and bring it back to Willmar for repair. I guess they work together to get big jobs done such as gear up airplane retrievals from far away fields.

One other piece of positive reference for Willmar mooney is Brian stands behind his work as I know Paul also does. On my bird we did a couple patches on the wing skin just infront of the flaps. (Flap hinge bent the skin when the nuckel heads at the FBO near Chicago dropped it). The patches just never looked right and Brian at Willmar air replaced the complete affected wing skin on the LH and RH wing with new mooney ones at no cost to me. What a good bunch of guys. I know Paul's business is seperate from Willmar air but they are top notch people in my book.

• Like 1

Agree - thanks for the info. I'm due for a solution (bladders or reseal), and am leaning towards Weep No More reseal.

I ended up using bladders, and I'm very pleased with them.  They actually cost a little more than a reseal, but the MSC was 45 minutes away by air.  The cost was the same overall(commercial flight to minnesota and fuel) but much easier to arrange with my schedule.  For the same cost, I would have gone to Paul if their locations were reversed.

• 4 weeks later...

I just had my '67 M20F resealed at Weep No More.  The local FBO is disappointed.  I am buying a lot less gas these days (but flying the same).

In addition, Paul made sure the fuel gauges were working.  I had given up on them long ago, but Paul was able to get the gauges back to working very reliably.

Forgot to say that Paul got my fuel gauges to work correctly too.  The outside fuel sensors were all gummed up.  Now everything works right.  He also replaced the fuel drains and the gaskets where the wings attch to the fuselage.