A perfect day for flying

Oscar Avalle

Really great!

Can you share with us how you attached the camera to the fin and the belly?

Sure, belly suction cup and on the Fin with one of Contours adhesive pads... I know... flutter etc. First I flew only with the pad around the pattern and then with the camera. No problem. I got the idea from a Cirrus guy.

Sure, belly suction cup and on the Fin with one of Contours adhesive pads... I know... flutter etc. First I flew only with the pad around the pattern and then with the camera. No problem. I got the idea from a Cirrus guy.

Great video! Any chance you take a picture of your cameras in place sometime?

You get an Oscar, Oscar! Thanks for sharing! Can really see why the Aspen ESV would be important to you. Love the layout of your panel, looks great!

Jajaja, you guys are the ones who appreciate the videos...My wife asked me the other day: "why do you put a camera on the belly of the airplane? It ruins the view...." 

Yes, the ESV is important. It allows you to plan ahead in an area where the mountains (the volcanoes) you see in the video go up to more than 10k and you need to navigate around them (it is not advisable to fly over them because of the ashes). Haze is also a BIG factor around here and visibility goes down to under 3 miles rather often and without good radar coverage.I can tell you having the ESV and the terrain option visible on the Garmins lowers your blood pressure.

• Like 1

Thanks for the wonderful video. I was a tourist in Guatemala last year for a destination wedding - a young man who I helped mentor in aviation. He is now a 1st Lt in the U. S. National Guard, flying C130s. Your video brought back memories of your beautiful country.

I really like what you have done with your panel. Great job.

Yeah, it is a great country, unfortunately I am just posted here...so it is not mine....

Regarding the Panel, it was done here... with FAA 337 approval..

Thanks for the wonderful video. I was a tourist in Guatemala last year for a destination wedding - a young man who I helped mentor in aviation. He is now a 1st Lt in the U. S. National Guard, flying C130s. Your video brought back memories of your beautiful country.

I really like what you have done with your panel. Great job.

Not to throw water on a sizzling party or anything, but I have read in two different places recently that it is absolutely forbidden to mount an external camera on a certificated aircraft without a full 337 and FSDO compliance. Granted, Oscar may not care about such things in Guatemala, but I wanted to point this out and see if anybody here in the US has heard the same thing, or can refute this. Anybody?