You Just Never Know

Sort of a WWII "Yankee Volunteer" theme. The front half of the plane honors the American volunteer pilots flying for the Chinese as the Flying Tigers and the back half of the plane honors the American volunteer pilots flying for the British as Eagle Squadron. Looks nice, but to the owner/pilot, please, please, please don't wear a Nomex suit with military patches all over it when you go flying.

post-7281-0-29154600-1363117716_thumb.jp

Sort of a WWII "Yankee Volunteer" theme. The front half of the plane honors the American volunteer pilots flying for the Chinese as the Flying Tigers and the back half of the plane honors the American volunteer pilots flying for the British as Eagle Squadron. Looks nice, but to the owner/pilot, please, please, please don't wear a Nomex suit with military patches all over it when you go flying.

Not really: The Brits flew P40s with the shark mouth in North Africa quite a bit. 

Not really: The Brits flew P40s with the shark mouth in North Africa quite a bit. 

Yes, yes and the Germans used it before the Brits on Crete- BF -110

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-382-0211-011%2C_F

However, since the Flying Tigers are most famous for using this scheme and the back half of the plane is definately in Eagle Squadron American volunteer colors, I stand by my theory. I don't own the plane, I didn't paint the plane and I don't know the owner, so it is just a guess.

Personally, I like the paint job very much.  What I don't like is when a C Model guy paints his plane like an Acclaim or a J model is painted like the new Ovation.  In general I like to see original paint jobs not copies of newer models.

• Like 1