Some shots of my panel Aspen and GTN 750

Oscar Avalle

What version of Aspen is that? Does the sunshine and warm weather come with that?

Best regards,

-a-

Jajajaja... you are more than welcome to check it out in person. Open invitation to all members and friends of this blog.  The only problems are: earthquakes, hurricanes and crime...otherwise this is heaven on earth. 

Nice Oscar! How do you like the Aspen ESV?

I like it. It took me a while to get used to it. In particular the AI. however, the speed tape I am still having a hard time getting used it.  it is just easier to look at the Airspeed indicator and see where the needle is.

But in the area I am flying now (Mountains, no VFR charts (I fly by a highway map or IFR...) and LOTS OF HAZE with poor ATC radar coverage) ESV provides you with a good indication if you are about to run into a granit wall. This is very useful and gives you a nice piece of mind (and lowers your blood pressure).

Would I pay 2 AMU+ for it in the Washington DC area...? I don't know. For sure it would take me some time to convince my wife that it was money well spent. 

Overall, I love my panel. The GTN 750 is really nice and the 795 (connected to my PCAS) complements the system extremely well. The only major problem I am facing now are the fuel gages. Somehow I can not make them work well. They are erratic and their indications are simply not reliable. 

Oscar,

The aircraft manufacturers, apparently, had a big meeting early on and decided that no one would ever make fuel gauges that work reliably.  If you want any idea of on board fuel, install a fuel flow/usage computer.  Shadin makes some that are quite reasonable.  I consider one as basic as having an altimeter.

Jgreen 

• Like 1

I like it. It took me a while to get used to it. In particular the AI. however, the speed tape I am still having a hard time getting used it.  it is just easier to look at the Airspeed indicator and see where the needle is.

But in the area I am flying now (Mountains, no VFR charts (I fly by a highway map or IFR...) and LOTS OF HAZE with poor ATC radar coverage) ESV provides you with a good indication if you are about to run into a granit wall. This is very useful and gives you a nice piece of mind (and lowers your blood pressure).

Would I pay 2 AMU+ for it in the Washington DC area...? I don't know. For sure it would take me some time to convince my wife that it was money well spent. 

Overall, I love my panel. The GTN 750 is really nice and the 795 (connected to my PCAS) complements the system extremely well. The only major problem I am facing now are the fuel gages. Somehow I can not make them work well. They are erratic and their indications are simply not reliable. 

I purchased one of these off ebay to replace my fuel gauges with.  I have not had time to put it in yet.  It goes through a calibration procedure where you add a know amount of fuel each time until the tanks are full.  If you senders are working this should read correctly.

http://www.aerospacelogic.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=56

I have installed Aerospace Logic EGT and Amp/Volt meters in my Mooney, Mike.  I think that you will be very pleased with their equipment's performance once you get it installed.

Jim

I ordered one too and I hope to receive it next week. Will report back once it is installed...