Sun N Fun 2013

Thanks for all the comments.

2 dots: Yeah, the second dot allows for more opts per hour. There runway, which is a taxiway 51 weeks a year, is plenty long so going to the orange dot as we did still left us way more runway then we needed and the twin behind us could land shorter while we were still taxiing and not run up our butt. 

2 pilots: We had an firm understanding, Jason had the communications I had everything else. He did offer some "check list" advice which was fine, and a few "CFI comments" which were not a distraction. (The speed brakes comment on short final.) I have all the checklists in the Garmin 696 which was right in from of Jason. (The airspeed  comment from Jason was caused by my Aspen showing mph which was pegged on 115 = 100 k. My avionic shop had to set the Aspen up in miles because that was certification in 1966. No big deal but knots would have been nice as everything else, Garmin, JPI, back up ASI, are knots.)

The system there is fantastic and the folks handling the traffic are great. many of the pilots on the other hand seemed to have not prepared to come into the airspace. The NOTAM provides everything you need in detail with photos. The visual fixes were very easy to spot.