Mooney Rentals

Cruiser

Apple valley, ca has a M20e for rent and there is a m20k for sale there that looks good. I have no specifics just saw it them other day I flew in there. If you are interested I can get the number off it the next time I fly in there. It doesn't appear to be posted for sale on any website.

Let me give you my perspective ....

The fact that it is difficult to find a Mooney for rental played a big part in my decision to buy one:  It is not that I absolutly wanted to fly a Mooney. But, I did NOT want a beaten up by students aircraft like the Cessna and Pipers you see at most schools.

I know there are great pilot renters out there. I wonder how many owners on here are OK with renting or even loaning their aircraft. Could be a good survey. 

There is a flight school in Colorado that only uses Moonies. They also own a couple of Mooney STCs.

Pet peeve warning.

Moonies are the followers of Sun Myung Moon's Unification church. The plural of our airplane Mooney is Mooneys or more properly Mooney airplanes.

Which school uses Mooney aircraft? I am not aware of it. 

I fell in love with the Mooney brand renting a brand new MSE back in 1994. If more people were exposed to them more people would fall in love with them. There seems to be a lot of negative people who talk a lot about Our airplanes that know nothing about them. Most Mooney negativism is based on pure ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pet peeve warning.

Moonies are the followers of Sun Myung Moon's Unification church. The plural of our airplane Mooney is Mooneys or more properly Mooney airplanes.

Which school uses Mooney aircraft? I am not aware of it. 

I fell in love with the Mooney brand renting a brand new MSE back in 1994. If more people were exposed to them more people would fall in love with them. There seems to be a lot of negative people who talk a lot about Our airplanes that know nothing about them. Most Mooney negativism is based on pure ignorance.

Sorry, I'm an Engineer, not an English major. The person who owns the Mooney only flight school also owns an STC for the 1PC belly. He told me that he had even made a prototype with two triangular shaped runners on the bottom of it so it would hold the prop up off the ground in case of a gear up landing. 

http://home.comcast.net/~brianvogel/fleet.htm

I think that is a school only. I don't think you can just rent a plane from them to fly by yourself.

Not trying to offend. I just see the Moonies term as a negative, not worthy of our fine steeds.

• 3 years later...

Welcome aboard Manny.

There was a thread around here somewhere where the discussion of rental Mooney's was covered.  There are not that many around to rent.  They require a lot of hours to meet insurance requirements.

Have you tried the search box above?

One way to get some stick time in a Mooney is to rent the Mooney specific CFII in your area.  He may come with a Mooney.

Best regards,

-a-

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

One way to get some stick time in a Mooney is to rent the Mooney specific CFII in your area.  He may come with a Mooney

I don't know of any Mooney specific CFII's in Florida that also supply a Mooney for training. Can you imagine what kind of hourly rate would have to be charged to cover the insurance for training (if you could even get it), the now required 100 hr. inspections, sb compliance, operating costs and wear and tear on my Bravo for instance?

I know there is  201 at the flight school in Ocala, and I have seen a real ratty C model at the flight school in Venice.