Oceano Airport Celebration, May 11-12th, 2013 All Welcome!

mooneygirl

Join us May 10th and 11th for a good old-fashioned airport celebration at Oceano Airport.

Friday night May 10th: Beach Burger Fry and Dance featuring the San Luis Jazz Band. Tickets for the dinner/dance are $10 and available from www.FriendsofOceanoAirport.com or at the gate. Enjoy a burger, hayrides, strolling under the stars on the ramp and a great time shaking your groove thing.

Saturday, May 11th is Celebration Day and begins at 8:30 with the 5-Cities Lion's Club famous pancake breakfast. Family friendly, free admission. On display will be emergency responders, private airplanes, gyro-copters, trikes and more! In our campground there will be children's activities and booths. Oceano Elks will be serving tri-tip sandwiches at 11:30. Opening ceremony and Veterans salute is at noon.

There is overnight camping in our campground for $10. We have a lodging discount at the Pacific Plaza Resort [$65]. Oceano Fuel is once again bringing their Wheel of Fortune to spin for great prizes and discounts.

Please bring military care package items for donation. The Friends of Oceano Airport are teaming with a group that sends care packages to our front-line troops. We need hard candy, baby wipes, granola/protein bars, cup o'noodles, gum, travel sized toiletries, jerky, dark socks and trail mix.

YouTube Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wct088rzYhk

There will be preferential space for Mooneys. Come join us on Mooney Row!

Celebration 2013 poster.pdf

• 2 months later...
Getting so excited about Oceano Airport Celebration. All are welcome! Come dance to the San Luis Jazz Band on May 10th, 5:30 p.m. $10. Celebration Day is May 11th. We are collecting items for military care packages. Everyone come on!
  • Like 1

Glad you had fun at Oceano, Brett.  We also do have bicycles for loan so you could head out and explore the coast and restaurants that are a bit further out.  Hope you will come back for Celebration May 10-11!!

Now that WeatherUnderground, Weather.Com, NOAA weather and the WeatherChannel are all in agreement, I might relax!  Looks to be high 60s to 70s for our Friday and Saturday event next weekend.

I know I don't have to tempt you, but we have great live music both days: San Luis Jazz Band [Friday night] and Central City Swing Band [saturday day].  We are collecting items for military care packages.  Fuel discount, cool raffle prizes, free admission [saturday], beach-side, lodging discount. We aren't more than 2.5 hours away from most of California....so come on!

Great panning beach cams at http://www.PismoBeach.com  or our webcams on the field http://www.OceanoAirport.com

I am always skeptical of weather forecasts, but I'm betting on Accuweather for May 10 and 11 here in Pismo Beach!!!!  Come on over and enjoy our little CA beach airport, right on the Pacific Oceano.  We've got the greatest beaches!!  See you here!