Short Field Landing

markm20b

Time for me to take some remedial training ;-) This was great speed control. I chewed up good portion of 5500 feet coming down the ILS yesterday, granted I was doing 90 over the fence to keep up with the traffic in the pattern at KCBF yesterday.

Managed 5 go arounds this weekend for a total of 2 landings, including one bounce, bounce, bounce go around, yes, I was that "idiot" at KAPA on Friday afternoon;-) Wasn't my best day. With the turbulence there, I couldn't hold airspeed within 20 knots on final. Once a Mooney is behind the power curve, it ain't pretty, especially at high altitude. My XM must have died because all the time I was expecting 3 knots variable and when I finally pulled up ATIS, it was 15 gusting to 30. Went around 3 times, finally approached at about 95knots with the boards out and put her down. Airspeed indicator went from about 85 to 60 in two second in flare. Got to love the mountains on a windy day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time for me to take some remedial training ;-) This was great speed control. I chewed up good portion of 5500 feet coming down the ILS yesterday, granted I was doing 90 over the fence to keep up with the traffic in the pattern at KCBF yesterday.

Managed 5 go arounds this weekend for a total of 2 landings, including one bounce, bounce, bounce go around, yes, I was that "idiot" at KAPA on Friday afternoon;-) Wasn't my best day. With the turbulence there, I couldn't hold airspeed within 20 knots on final. Once a Mooney is behind the power curve, it ain't pretty, especially at high altitude. My XM must have died because all the time I was expecting 3 knots variable and when I finally pulled up ATIS, it was 15 gusting to 30. Went around 3 times, finally approached at about 95knots with the boards out and put her down. Airspeed indicator went from about 85 to 60 in two second in flare. Got to love the mountains on a windy day.

Really nice

• 2 weeks later...