Straight Valve Stem Tubes or Angled Stem Tubes

ELT

@Pinecone You can use the same pipe as on the nose gear through the similar hollow tube on the main gear above the wheel. Only other requirement is that your jack with the Bogert cradle on top is high enough and has enough lift to get the wheel off the ground. I'm not recommending this method over a wing jack but it has worked well for me and its quick and easy and i feel a little safer. It's easier if you loosen the lower attachments on the gear door arms to give you room for the jack on the outboard side of the wheel, this also give you room to get to the brake which has to come off to slide the wheel off the axel....not an A&P so i try and have someone look over everything before return to service.  Don't forget your gear safety stand or safety blocks whenever you have the wheel off https://bogertaviation.com/products/landing-gear-safety-stand-9-base-7-25-to-10-25

k

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlySafe said:

@Pinecone You can use the same pipe as on the nose gear through the similar hollow tube on the main gear above the wheel. Only other requirement is that your jack with the Bogert cradle on top is high enough and has enough lift to get the wheel off the ground. I'm not recommending this method over a wing jack but it has worked well for me and its quick and easy and i feel a little safer. It's easier if you loosen the lower attachments on the gear door arms to give you room for the jack on the outboard side of the wheel, this also give you room to get to the brake which has to come off to slide the wheel off the axel....not an A&P so i try and have someone look over everything before return to service.  Don't forget your gear safety stand or safety blocks whenever you have the wheel off https://bogertaviation.com/products/landing-gear-safety-stand-9-base-7-25-to-10-25

k

Thanks.