its a mad mad mad mad world

Cabanaboy

Tyler Fitzgerald: You know what I need? I need a drink. There's some ice and stuff back there. Why don't you make us all some old fashioneds?

Ding Bell: "Old Fashions"? Do you think you oughta drink while you're flying?

Tyler Fitzgerald: Well stop kidding, will ya, and make us some drinks! You just press the button back there marked "booze". It's the only way to fly!

Tyler Fitzgerald: Anybody can fly plane, now here: I'll check you out. Put your little hands on the wheel there. Now put your feet on the rudder. There. Who says this ol' boy can't fly this ol' plane? Now I'm gonna make us some Old Fashioneds the old-fashioned way - the way dear old Dad used to!

Benjy Benjamin: What if something happens?

Tyler Fitzgerald: What could happen to an Old Fashioned?

post-8332-0-61963600-1356358963_thumb.jp

In the longer version at about 8:15 there's the famous scene of the plane flying through a hangar. That hangar is called the Butler hangar and happens to be right next to my hangar, built a few years after this movie was made. It's a bit rusty and needs a little work but it still houses a few planes for the Pacific Coast Air Museum at KSTS, Santa Rosa, CA. It's the second most famous landmark at the airport. You can see it on Google Maps here. It's fun to point it out to friends and visitors but they need to be a bit older to remember seeing that movie.

• Like 1