Quick flight to a neighbouring airport for an avionics upgrade..

The201pilot

BEcause he's sitting too far back !!

His hand should be on the trottle and mixture (as I was taught) to prevent vibration from moving them back at this critical point of departure.

BILL

Every time I let go of the throttle the CFI would pull it to idle (long runways of course.....)

His hand should be on the trottle and mixture (as I was taught) to prevent vibration from moving them back at this critical point of departure.

BILL

I guess Dave was right on the other thread...post pics of you having fun, be ready for people to tell you you're having fun wrong!

• Like 1

BILL

He is either sitting too far back or the seat back is angled back. His plane has the same seats as mine. I know the back can be rotated back with the wheel on the right side. Looks like he needs to move forward and rotate the seat back forward. He really looks to be sitting really low in the plane and I suspect he is pulling himself up to look over the glare shield.

See what you get when you put a camera in the plane?! Back seat fliers!

Guess we'll have to wait to hear why...

Quite conscious of it..and thanks for the, uh constructive criticism.. I was grabbing the downtube so much 'cause my seat cushion wasn't sitting underneath me quite as it should've been..and the friction lock on the side of the throttle quadrant does a great job of keeping the throttle/prop/mixture to the wall for me until I'm ready to make an adjustment...

The first stage of the avionics upgrade are excellent..(430w upgrade/aspen pro 1000/autopilot interface) remove old loran equipment..really looking forward to the next step of the upgrade. Jpi 930 and aspen1000mfd..but I'd really like to do some flying before she goes back in the shop.

I just did a major upgrade on my old stack. Went from a non GPS environment to a 650 with an Aspen Pro/MFD 1000. When you go that route (the MFD) make sure you ask about the regression functions and your autopilot. I learned that during regression on the MFD the AP will no longer do GPSS unless you modify it. Aspen provided the avionics shop with the wiring diagram required to build a switch to allow full AP functionality during regression.

You can't beat the bang for the buck on the Aspen's. I had a concern going to a glass cockpit and flying behind it without some sort of redundancy. You get to keep your AI, but I was pleasantly pleased to see how the Aspen retains the navigator's flight plan and with the built in battery will give you at least some time to find good weather or a place to land.