Carpet replacement?

I've not had much luck finding sources for replacement carpet kits and floor mats for our pre-Js.

One site had floor mats at $500..wow. My other half is trying to come up w/ a good XMas gift. She asked what I wanted for the plane. Well that was an open loaded question. I had to be nice and come up w/ something other than say maybe a new Garmin 750, auto-pilot or full leather conversion interior. So I'm letting her off easy. Anybody have any good sources or suggestions for carpet and floormats? 1973 Mooney M20E.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Tom,

I just ordered new carpet for my 66E from Plane plastics (www.planeplastics.com). They have both precut and cut your own available. I have not received it yet - will be another week or two. Cost for the front carpet precut only was $285. They have the full set available as well.

Tom

I put Airtex carpet in my M20E last winter. Very pleased and price was great too. Came with two main strips front to back and baggage. I also re-did my headliner and the fabric was very nice here too. The nice plastic inserts for feet (by rudder pedals) is nice and should reduce wear. You need to cut out the fuel strainer/tank select valve, but this was no big deal. Available colors for view online.Good luck with your project.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make some calls for her (LOL), for me on Monday. I order, we use her (our) credit card and she wraps, but that's after it gets delivered to my business. So much for Christmas surprises. Atleast I get something I'll use..:)

It's a great day to get some air in TN. I'm out..Hope everybody traveling (flying/driving) has a safe vacation this week. Check and double check.

I bought mine from Aero Comfort. They have complete carpet sets as well as the mats. My mats came with the mooney logo and they had a decent color selection.

Would you mind sharing the cost for these? I had them make me a new J bar boot and rudder pedal boots a while back They worked out very well.

• Like 1