Lazer nose gear control arm mod?

Kwixdraw

I'm interested in Lazers mod for the steering control arm for our M-20s. Specifically the one that replaces the stud welded to the frame tube. Is anyone using this setup and how do you like it?  The nose gear was wiped off my aircraft back in it's early days and the stud has a lot of slop in it. If there is a better way to take care of the problem I am interested in that as well.

I don't have any experience with the LASAR mod that you reference, but I am curious to hear more about the issue that you are experiencing.  You say that your nose gear has some slop in it.  Does that mean that you experience some excess lateral travel of the nosegear on the takeoff roll or landing rollout?  Or is this something you only notice when the plane is up on jacks?  My plane has a bit of an issue on the landing rollout where it will sometimes try to veer off the centerline and you really have to be quick on the rudder pedals to stay on top of it.  It can get pretty interesting sometimes.   I have been wondering if something similar to what you describe may be the issue with mine.

Not to try sounding like an authority on this subject but the Mooney nose gear has a number of wear points and adjustments that have to be constantly maintained or you can have the veering problem you are talking about. The steering arm can (and according to old MOA articles, frequently does) break and cause off runway excursions too. My particular aircraft has not been flown in years  but I did most of the maintenance on it under supervision when I was flying it regularly, so I know that there is a lot of slop in the steering pivot and also general slop in the retraction linkage. Much of the adjustment for this is done with shims, bushings and eccentrics and mine are getting to the point where it all needs a good rebuild. Shock pucks and paint too. Shes a tired ol' warhorse but we can make her better.

What I hear is that the Lazer control arm is a heavier unit that is less complicated to build and maintain. Supposedly the clamp on stud makes the nose gear easier to adjust properly and also gives you a stud that is not worn or deformed from wear or porpoising/ propstrike adventures as in my case.