UK/European Mooniacs

alun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Axel,

Its all fairly straightforward.  Would have met you for a beer but i will be in Rouen from the 24th.  Maybe next time!!

Have a great trip - and don't forget to fill up!

Alun

Hi Alex,

I saw your very nice green mooney parked next to mine yesterday.  I was supposed to have been away on the 24th but fell sick (I knew I should have cancelled that Mexico trip!) and then was due to fly out yesterday but the last person to fly her left the battery master switch on...and it being a bank holiday weekend made everything much more complicated.  Anyway I hope to be away later today so maybe I will bump into you then!

Hope you had a great stay!

Alun :)

Hi Alun,

i was wondering if that was your Mooney next to mine. Looked nice as well. 

Yes we had a great time. I´ve been to Jersey few times many years ago and I really enjoy it every time.

Came in and out on an IFR flightplan. Much easier ;-)

I´ll be back .

Cheers, Axel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alun

Sorry for the very slow reply - I wouldn't recommend using Amsterdam Schiphol. The landng and handling fees are meant to discourage GA traffic. Unfortunately no other field has great public transport connections. Your best bet is probably Lelystad (EHLE) which is about a €25 landing fee and they can call you a taxi to a 45 minute train into Amsterdam.

Rotterdam (EHRD) is more expensive but has an instrument approach and similar transport links to Amsterdam.

Good luck! jhbehrens

• 3 months later...

Hi @everone,

I don´t know, why I never saw this site, but it´s never too late.

I would like to invite every Mooniac in Europe, who is interested in meeting other Mooniacs in Europe to join the "European Mooney Pilots and Owners Association" (EMPOA). The EMPOA has been founded at the beginning of this year and is the result of the growing internet communtiy www.mooney.de, which has been founded in 2001. As we are started as a german speaking community unfortunately most parts of our website are still in german, but we are trying to get more and more European. This is why we founded this new association and are currently trying to get in touch with as many european Mooniacs as possible. So please wait some time until we finally made the change from german to english.

Anyways we already think "European" for a long time and have some offers, that may be very interesting to some european Mooniacs here as well. For example we started some very hard negotiations with some european insurance companies and finally resulted in a very attractive offer with very good rates for a Mooney group-insurance. I would like to invite you to have a look at them and compare yourself (http://mooney.de/EMPOA/en/groupInsurance.html). If you have any further questions about this, please leave me a message and I will try to help you.

Furthermore we will have a Mooney Pilot Proficiency Training together with the MAPA Safety Foundation in June 2010. We already did this in 2007 and it was an incredible event. Additionally we are going to do to a "Mooney journey" through eastern Europe in late Summer 2010 for about 10 days. So you see there´s really going on a lot in the EMPOA and I like to welcome any further Mooniacs to our Community.

Please do not hesitate to write me a message or email and please have a look at our website www.mooney.de and stay tuned, what´s going on there.

Hope to meet some of you guys

Thomas

Hi Alun,

yes - this is mainly because we started as a german speaking group. But very soon we had to realize, that there are a lot of other Mooniacs, who are also interested in an European Mooney Association. And as we are open to all Mooniacs in Europe we also welcomed them to our community. Now one of our biggest challenges is, to move our website to english, so that everyone understands, what we are doing. But this is always a lot of work and only less time. Anyways we are trying to do our best.

So if you have any questions or would like to be informed about current activities in the EMPOA, please let me know and I will try to translate it for you.

Thomas