Loose cylinder oil lines

2jetman

Im a new Bravo owner and have flown it about 160hrs in the past 10 months and for some reason my oil supply lines to the cylinders keep loosing up and leaking oil. It seams to be more common on the right front cylinders but has also happened on the left front two cylinders as well. I had my mechanic remove the problematic lines, clean the threads and retighten but still occasionally have the problem. I'm afraid of tightening them to tight and striping them out so the next time it happens I think I will use a touch of lock tight on them. Anyone else having this problem?

I have about 1300hrs on my TLS and have not seen any problems. The angle the hoses are installed cause a tight fit against the cylinders. You might check the fittings in the cylinder to see if they are correctly positioned. We are talking about the oil supply lines for the wet head.

I have about 1300hrs on my TLS and have not seen any problems. The angle the hoses are installed cause a tight fit against the cylinders. You might check the fittings in the cylinder to see if they are correctly positioned. We are talking about the oil supply lines for the wet head.

That is correct. I'll do some adjustment on line position to see if that makes a difference.

i have not had any problems...check metal tag on hose(aeroquip)for cure date and fitting type...i seem to recall dissimilar fittings can do this...some have different angles on the sealing surface so they donot torque correctly...contact sacramento skyranch for advice..kpc

• Like 1