what do you guys use to clean your windshields?

rbridges

• 2 months later...

I too use Plexus and microfiber towels. I spray on the Plexus liberly, and rub into the window with my bare- non-ringed hand to loosen all the bug stuff. Then towel in straight lines up/down. I use the towel ONLY for the windscreen and wash every 5-6 cleanings.

When the gas is out of the can, and alot of lfuid is still left, I poke a hole in the top and shake out what I need untill the can is used up.

A while ago, Shell was offering a free towell with fillup. Apparantly no one wanted them since you had to go in and ask, so when I did, the guy gave me a case.

BILL

I use Plexus too, but I have used Pledge before and quite frankly it does just as well as Plexus. A friend who rides motorcycles turn me on to Pledge. I have not taken the time to compare the active ingredients but they perform equally well. I guess the motorcycle guys learned that trick long ago.

I clean my windshield whenever it needs it. I only use pure pharmaceutical grade dihydrogen monoxide and a clean microfiber cloth, anything and you run a risk of damage.

Ah, good old H2O, what would we do without it?

Just in case those who didn't catch this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_hoax

I use Plexus. There are arguments against Pledge out there, but I'm not sure I 100% believe them. The rental fleet I used to rent from used Pledge exclusively and I never saw any ill effects. However, now that I'm paying for the windows, I have decided to error on the conservative side because while Plexus costs about twice as much, the can lasts a long, long time for me. The cost savings is minimal over time. Still haven't used up the original can I bought when I bought the plane. I guess a hangar helps too. :)