B17 story from WWII. interesting article.

Very interesting and incredible article, I have heard many stories about B-17s making it back even though they were heavily damaged mostly on TV but some of them were first hand stories though too long ago for me to remember who they were or the specifics.  At the time I was a pre-teenager interested in flying but not paying too much attention to the stories or their significance and no video cameras or recorders back then to capture them.  Before anyone starts I’m not that old it was the late 1970’s.

Great story and great pictures! Those B-17 survival stories are part of the reason I prefer to travel on Boeing airliners rather than a Scarebus! Looking at the photos, though, I would suggest that the bomber returned to North Africa rather than crossing the Channel to Britain. The pix of it on the ground look like no part of England I've ever seen, especially East Anglia where the bases were. Perhaps that little "deception" to the story is why the censors allowed it to go through?