Mooneyspace website upgrade

mooniac58

Thank you guys for all your support!  A truely awesome bunch you are ;-)

I just posted information on the site home page to Donate to this cause.  I still don't have a quote back from the developer yet - but most programmers tend to run $100-$200 per hour and I think this is a 15-30 hour job.

You can either visit the home page to donate or just use the link below:

CLICK HERE TO DONTAE VIA PAYPAL

If you want to mail in a check.  Make it payable to "Craig McGregor" and send to:

Craig McGregor
15 Calle de Montanas
Santa Fe, NM 87507

Thanks all!

Quote: mooniac58

Thank you guys for all your support!  A truely awesome bunch you are ;-)

I just posted information on the site home page to Donate to this cause.  I still don't have a quote back from the developer yet - but most programmers tend to run $100-$200 per hour and I think this is a 15-30 hour job.

You can either visit the home page to donate or just use the link below:

CLICK HERE TO DONTAE VIA PAYPAL

If you want to mail in a check.  Make it payable to "Craig McGregor" and send to:

Craig McGregor

15 Calle de Montanas

Santa Fe, NM 87507

Thanks all!

Have you considered teaming up with MAPA and having them do the fundraising or provide the funds to "buy out" the site and run it? I think it's in the greatest interest of the Mooney community to keep this site going as it is not only a wealth of archived knowledge but also a wealth of fine members!

Hi gang,

I don't post here very often, but I do read the forums almost daily.  I'm a programmer (although not an expert web programmer), and deal primarily with migrating data between medical device systems, and would be happy to donate my time to try the migration.  I don't know exactly what is involved, but would be happy to examine both systems to see if I can come up with a reasonable migration plan and then execute it.  Craig, let me know if you want to talk offline about the details.

You guys are all awesome!  We have raised about $1650.00 so far.  Again, I don't have a quote back from the developer yet, so I don't know what the project will cost.  Once I have a price and if it is short I am going to send out an email to everyone in the user list to see if we can close the gap.

kilobravo3: Thank you for the offer.  I will keep this in mind as a backup plan.  I think using a developer that is specialized in the platform we are moving to might be the better course, especially since we will likely use him/her for future modifications to the new site.  I also have above average database skills, but I have only worked with MS SQL Server and this will be migrated to MySQL and then of course all of the table data will have to be altered and migrated to the new IPBoard platform.  While I am confident that you or I could eventually complete this task, it would probably take 4-5 times as long as someone who knows IPBoard/MySQL inside and out and you know the old saying about time=money ;-)