Garmin 430 Question

The cheapest install is going to depend if you want to share the 430 indicator with a nav radio like the kx155.  If you want to share it with a nav radio like the kx155 then the 209a or 106a may be the cheapest route.  otherwise you will have to install one of the ak 950 or md 41 relay banks plus a composite to analog output converter(kn 72 if i remember correctly).  If you dont want to share it then you have some cheaper options like the ki 206 or kni 520.  

• 2 weeks later...

If your wanting the cheapest CDI that will work it will be the KNI 520 probably. It has retangular movement, the only downside is that the the obs knob is in the lower right instead of lower left. Southeast did have have some overhauled ones on sale for $500 a few months ago or on ebay for under $200.  Be careful with some of the older stuff with low serial numbers, some of it requires expensive upgrades before it can be repaired.

Right now I am looking at the 209A....aircraft spruce has them on sale for 1395.00 and thats for a new one.  So thats not bad....and about 700 less than the Garmin 106....so what would I be losing if I went with this....for almost 700 there must be something I am not getting?

I dont think it does have the annunciator built in....I don't think I will need it though as the 430 has sufficient annunciations built into it.  From what I am reading if it were installed on the co-pilots side or if the throttles were in the way then the annunciator would be required.  $700 for a little light in the CDI to tell me what I already know seems excessive....