201 Cowling for Pre J Mooney's

18 minutes ago, 201Steve said:

@Sabremech what happened?

Let’s see! It’s killing me that it’s taking this long but I’m having vendor issues like everyone out here. First it was Covid now it’s not enough people and the shop is swamped. I have the prototype cowling in my shop working the fit issue that I had between the upper and lower cowling. I have the major issue resolved and am now doing the bodywork to ensure the parts fit nicely. 
My big concern will be how long to get the mold modified or a new one made when I’m done with the bodywork! I will get this done. I’m too far in it financially to back out or give up. Seems to be another typical aviation story with bringing a new product to market.

Thank you,

David

• Like 3

Just now, 201Steve said:

Was it Carbon? Pics?

Version 2 is a complete new cowling g that’s all carbon with a layer of fiberglass to allow for sanding and painting. It’s incredibly light compared to the original cowling. 
David

• Like 2