I need a plane

I bought my first plane when I wanted to get my IFR Rating and the local rentals left more to be desired.  I looked for about 6 months and wanted fixed gear (ins cost) with IFR GPS, Dual Radios, and in decent shape. I ended up with a partner and got a Beech Sundowner with 2 doors.  The 180 HP fixed gear and nice cabin made it great for this friend and I to go into a partnership.  We built a hangar, bought a golf cart for the airport and had it 7 years.  When he wanted to get out for personal reasons, I told him to sell it.  In 3 months it was gone for a good price.

Hence I was planeless and the wife (who will not get NEAR the plane) told me I needed to buy another.  Hence I went Mooney shopping based upon recommendations from a friend and Mooney owner at the airport.  A few months later I found the one I bought.

Summary is that I'm glad I had the Sundowner first and got a lot of experience with a simpler plane. Now with the Mooney, it's really a joy with the added speed and features (autopilot, Slaved HSI and more).

Bill