TIT Probe

Something to consider, Lance...

If it is a longer lasting probe, it may have an extra thick sheath.  Great for the probe's protection, but slow for its reaction time.

In other words...  if you are using this gauge for adjusting mixture, it may be a little slower and take a little longer to adjust the mixture.  If you use FF based on previous EGT/TIT information it won't make a big difference.

Hope this gives you some things to consider if you are talking with their tech support...

Best regards,

-a-

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I am attempting to locate a replacement TIT probe which feeds the original Moritz gauge on my 2000 Bravo. It reads significantly lower than the EDM-700 and the gap is progressively widening. With the factory closed, what are people now using? From this thread it looks like there were a couple alternatives identified but can anyone confirm success? @Awful_Charlie looks like you explored the topic in detail -- recall our visit over dinner and espresso at our Osh tent last year :) -- where did you end up on this? Thanks! Shawn

I am attempting to locate a replacement TIT probe which feeds the original Moritz gauge on my 2000 Bravo. It reads significantly lower than the EDM-700 and the gap is progressively widening. With the factory closed, what are people now using? From this thread it looks like there were a couple alternatives identified but can anyone confirm success? [mention=7324]Awful_Charlie[/mention] looks like you explored the topic in detail -- recall our visit over dinner and espresso at our Osh tent last year -- where did you end up on this? Thanks! Shawn

The factory is still selling parts to the MSC’s. Going through Lasar as Anthony recommends above is a popular option since they source parts from more than just Mooney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, shawnabbott said:

I am attempting to locate a replacement TIT probe which feeds the original Moritz gauge on my 2000 Bravo. It reads significantly lower than the EDM-700 and the gap is progressively widening. With the factory closed, what are people now using? From this thread it looks like there were a couple alternatives identified but can anyone confirm success? @Awful_Charlie looks like you explored the topic in detail -- recall our visit over dinner and espresso at our Osh tent last year :) -- where did you end up on this? Thanks! Shawn

I do indeed remember the espresso - very welcome it was too!

I'm not sure if the Moritz requirement is different, my notes for the Sigma-Tek are are below. One year my A&P replaced with an 86245 by mistake and it seemed to work OK, but I went back to 86309 at the next scheduled replacement (when we found the mistake!). My JPI is piggy-backed onto the ship probe (so I just have the one TIT probe). Note that the lead stagger is always inconvenient (you connect by colour, not by length) as you need the long length which don't seem to be available in reverse stagger configuration

image.thumb.png.2f391c8b8cc32aee7cad555315fbe10a.png

Edited by Awful_Charlie
More text
  • Like 1

Thanks for all comments, I have ordered the Alcor 86309 (long leads, ungrounded, PMA'd) which is available through canadian distribution at CAD$850+shipping+tax+installation and will advise of anything interesting post installation...

50 minutes ago, shawnabbott said:

Thanks for all comments, I have ordered the Alcor 86309 (long leads, ungrounded, PMA'd) which is available through canadian distribution at CAD$850+shipping+tax+installation and will advise of anything interesting post installation...

Whoa, pricey isn't it?

Clean out the threadS and be very careful when you install this. Prior to me owning my airplane the previous owner had a TIT installed and they cross threaded a little. The part that it goes into is very expensive. Thankfully my mechanic carefully worked on the threads and made the new one work.

• 2 years later...

So just to confirm as the tit probe ages the temperature will go down? I. E. If i set my normal 9.5FF 2500rpm and 25” and see 1550 tit now. I don’t need to think about replacing the probe until i see the tit start showing a lower temp say 1500tit? I guess what is the cutoff limit? 10 degrees? 20 degrees? 50degrees? Before replacement?