FBO @ KAPA

My wife and I are leaving for a wedding on Wednesday/Thursday this week.  If the weather is nice we will make the trip non-stop on Wednesday.  If any weather comes up we will likely fly halfway on Wednesday and finish the trip on Thursday morning.

I called Tac Air this morning and told them my situation and asked for a rental car to have ready for us upon our arrival.  The lady @ Tac asked me to hold and transferred me to the guy at the car rental place and about half way through describing my situation decided to end the conversation and called Signature.

The fuel is more expensive at the other FBO but they understood my requests and have my business for this trip.  I don't think my request was out of line.  Is it too much to expect that kind of service??? 

Your situation sounds unusual. I have flown into KAPA and always found TAC Air to be extremely helpful and friendly, and yes, much lower priced fuel. You may have just run into a random bad situation which can happen to anybody.  You might find that if you try again you'll get what you expect.

We park at TAC Air every Decemeber thru March (avoid snow season in GNB) and they have always been great. Someone was having a bad day.  Also realize the Hertz ops at TAC Air is distinct from the FBO.  Hertz has its own counter and usually they have a college kid running the show.  We park a car at APA so usually dont need to rent a car but on the occasion where we did need to rent, the guy was more than helpful.  Hope you have a better experience next time. Signature is always dependable but pricy.

I've used TAC Air a couple of times and would recommend them without hesitation.  You probably have a problem with a rental car company, not TAC Air.  I got stranded (again) by Enterprise over Memorial Weekend in Memphis.  They promised to leave a car for me and didn't, and of course were closed until Tuesday.  This has happened to me on multiple occasions with many of the rental car companies...they just don't give a crap about us at the "little" airports.

Quote: The-sky-captain

Brandon-

I fly into Denver several times a year and have always used FTG. It's on the east side of Denver and located just off of I-70. Cheapest fuel in the area, nice, new FBO, nowhere near as congested as APA and wide open approaches and departures on all ends.