430w to 530w wiring

Does anyone know off hand if the wiring is different between a 430w and 530w?  Obviously they require different mounting trays, but are the pin outs/ harnesses the same?  I'm thinking about options for switching over to the ifd540 at a "cheaper" cost (ie, hoping to not have to pay massive wiring costs).

Thanks to N601RX, I got the install manuals for both the 430W and 530W.  I know this is shocking (sarcasm), but the pin outs are identical between the two, so to upgrade from a 430W to a IFD540, you shouldn't need to re-wire anything, just get a new tray.

One hitch I found, though (potentially)- while the Pin-out is identical, and the connector housings all look identical, garmin uses different part numbers between the two (40001 for 430w series, 50001 for 530w series).  Again, the pin -outs are identical, but the connector housings have different part numbers (they look identical, too, though.  Thanks for that, garmin.  

Quote: M016576

Thanks to N601RX, I got the install manuals for both the 430W and 530W.  I know this is shocking (sarcasm), but the pin outs are identical between the two, so to upgrade from a 430W to a IFD540, you shouldn't need to re-wire anything, just get a new tray.

One hitch I found, though (potentially)- while the Pin-out is identical, and the connector housings all look identical, garmin uses different part numbers between the two (40001 for 430w series, 50001 for 530w series).  Again, the pin -outs are identical, but the connector housings have different part numbers (they look identical, too, though.  Thanks for that, garmin.  

• 1 month later...