How often do you change your oil?

Quote: Dale

I change my oil at 35 hours.  This was recommended by my mechanic who felt that planes with a turbo should change the oil no later than 35 hours.  I use Phillips with camguard, which was also recommended and I feel confident with that combination.

Quote: Mac201

I just started using Avblend in the last two oil changes, but my oil has always turned dark by 15- 20 hours. That seems quick to me. Is there something esle that I should be considering?

Yeah, skip the Avblend, and use Camguard or nothing at all.

If the oil is going black quickly and you have low compression or high oil consumption, thats a sign of blowby contaminating the oil. Or it mght be those full rich climbs to 10K feet.

Before my engine OH I was changing it every 25 hours because it was getting nasty quick. It was a PITB due to the fact that I fly a lot and I was cracking the cowl every 6 weeks or so as I change the oil myself. Now that the engine doesnt burn much and the oil stays nice and clean I change it every 50 hours. Im actually headed out today to do it. It's been a little under 3 months since the last oil change so I guess the 3 month rule/ 50 hours is where I'm at.

FYI for you do it yourselfer's try the New Pig Funnel for draining the filter and screen. Its a great form- a- funnel...