Whoo hoo 201 windshield mod

There is a new glare shield included, but I also retained the original padded one that snapped in place to give it a better, more finished look.  There are no gaps between the old window and the new spot, so you can put maps and other papers up there without fear of them falling behind the instrument panel.  At least that is how my kit came in 2009. 

Unfortunately, I don't have a picture that shows that portion of the panel...

Brian

Quote: jpjp

Does the LASAR mod include a new glareshield or do they modify that as well?  Does the windshield mod leave a gap between the original glareshield and new windshield?  If so how does that get covered?

Glad to hear LASAR is firing back up on the mod.  The only way, up to this point to get the mod, was to find the parts that were unavailable from Mooney (cowl deck and retaining trim) and send them to Dan at LASAR.  That is what I am presently doing after finding them from another Mooney.  He will add the WS and other components and sell you the kit with the STC.  I would like to hear how many hours the install will actually take.  I was having a hard time believing it took the 40 hours that I heard before. 

Trip to Waukesha from Houston took a little over seven hours.   Headwind all the way  airspeed (if I did it right on the garmin was 152 kts.  So it looks like an increase of 6-7 kts.   It actually wouldn't matter if I didn't get an increase cause the visibility and change in curb appeal is well worth the investment.   We are parked close to the silo between vintage and ultralights.