Lehigh Valley Mooney CFI Checkout

Hello folks, I am looking for a CFI in the Lehigh Valley area (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Quakertown, Lansdale) who would be interested in helping me get my complex endorsement. I already have my high performance endorsement. If there are any Mooney owners, who are CFIs and are willing, I'm an eager beaver.

Thanks!
Paul

32 minutes ago, cruiserflyer said:

Hello folks, I am looking for a CFI in the Lehigh Valley area (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Quakertown, Lansdale) who would be interested in helping me get my complex endorsement. I already have my high performance endorsement. If there are any Mooney owners, who are CFIs and are willing, I'm an eager beaver.

Thanks!
Paul

This might help

https://themooneyflyer.com/cfi.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruiserflyer said:

Hello folks, I am looking for a CFI in the Lehigh Valley area

You just got a plane or you're looking for one to rent with a CFI?  If you have a plane, I know that Air-Mods Flight Academy over at Trenton Robbinsville Airport (N87) used to have a Mooney on their line, but sold it.  But they may still have some instructors that did the training.

https://www.airmodsflightacademy.com/        (609) 259-6877

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, PeteMc said:

You just got a plane or you're looking for one to rent with a CFI?  If you have a plane, I know that Air-Mods Flight Academy over at Trenton Robbinsville Airport (N87) used to have a Mooney on their line, but sold it.  But they may still have some instructors that did the training.

https://www.airmodsflightacademy.com/        (609) 259-6877

Hello Pete,

I don't have one yet, I thought I'd train before taking the plunge. Ideally some generous soul CFI would take pity and train me in their plane ;-), but I know this is a lot to ask. But it can't hurt to ask. I think the flight school at ABE has an M20C, but they don't have the best reputation. So I'm trying other avenues first. I thought I'd reach out to the community first.

Edited by cruiserflyer

5 hours ago, cruiserflyer said:

Ideally some generous soul CFI would take pity and train me in their plane ;-),

The Mooney Flyer list is probably going to be your best bet. I'm not sure how many CFI(I)s use their own planes due to insurance.  But I have heard of some. 

8 hours ago, PeteMc said:

The Mooney Flyer list is probably going to be your best bet. I'm not sure how many CFI(I)s use their own planes due to insurance.  But I have heard of some. 

Thank you again Pete. I already sent them an email.

2 hours ago, cruiserflyer said:

Thank you again Pete. I already sent them an email.

Email?  To Mooney Flyer or to an individual CFI???   Go back to the list and keep scrolling down.  After the top part of the list with CFI name, it starts showing them by state and they usually say what Airports they're by.  So you should be able to reach out directly to some CFIs that are in your area.  

14 minutes ago, PeteMc said:

Email?  To Mooney Flyer or to an individual CFI???   Go back to the list and keep scrolling down.  After the top part of the list with CFI name, it starts showing them by state and they usually say what Airports they're by.  So you should be able to reach out directly to some CFIs that are in your area.  

Ok, I see now. I emailed a guy in Jersey with his own F.

Thank you for catching my mistake! 

Hello Pete,
I don't have one yet, I thought I'd train before taking the plunge. Ideally some generous soul CFI would take pity and train me in their plane ;-), but I know this is a lot to ask. But it can't hurt to ask. I think the flight school at ABE has an M20C, but they don't have the best reputation. So I'm trying other avenues first. I thought I'd reach out to the community first.

Without being an owner yet, training would be restricted to a Mooney rental if you can find one. Insurance doesn’t allow us Mooney CFI owners to provide instruction in our Mooneys without a very expensive commercial insurance policy which would only make sense if it was renting out all the time.
If you find a rental, they’ll provide an instructor on their policy to provide you instruction.
You may need to get your own renters insurance as well.
The vast majority of new Mooney owners wait till they purchase their Mooney to get training in their new Mooney. Besides a couple hours in type will not reduce your first year insurance premium’s one bit; it typically takes 100+ hours in type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, ProtoFly said:

Keeping an eye on this one - as I've been searching for the 'perfect-to-me' F model....and I'll need instruction near the KABE area as well....

Hello ProtoFly, maybe we should meet up some time. I did find an instructor in NJ, he's a bit of a drive but since the endorsement shouldn't take too long, just a few trips out there shouldn't be a big deal. As suggested further up in this thread, I went to Mooneyflyer and scrolled until I found somebody and emailed them. Turns out they are fully insured and are able to knock this out for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ProtoFly said:

and I'll need instruction near the KABE area as well....

I got a guy for you over by Atlantic City.  Down side is he's getting that FL bug in his ear, so may not be in NJ much longer.

• Like 1