M20J Inner Gear Doors

Bartman

Do you have inner gear doors ?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have inner gear doors ?

On December 25, 2015 at 1:28 AM, carusoam said:

Regarding the paint question...

Painting the parts separated from the air frame is usually a good way to get an even distribution of paint on the new surfaces and keeps the overspray from settling on the other surfaces...

preparation, alodyne/primer, paint.

Followed with Who is going to look that closely?

Best regards,

-a-

Will do, hopefully I can get to it in a week or so.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the responses.  I will plan on having them fitted, then painted, and reinstalled.

I wanted to give an update to this thread which might have an effect on my cruise numbers without the doors installed.  I had a fuel flow problem that suddenly showed up and is discussed in this thread below.  As a result I'm having all new Tempests installed, new injectors, and a rebuilt fuel divider installed.  Im going to redo the cruise speed test following these repairs and will post the new results(hopefully an improvement) as soon as I can.  We will put the doors on during annual in February and then see if there is a decent improvement in performance.

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 3/21/2019 at 4:51 PM, Austintatious said:

Omg... i started reading this thread, thinking "wow  this happened a while back so ill get to see what difference these doors make"

I read through the thread page by page waiting for the fina verdict and Noooooooo!

Haha such is aviation!

Agreed.  How the story end?!  I'm on pins and needles. 

My RH "inner" gear door started growing cracks and I'm looking for alternatives or replacements.  Anybody got a line on this STC door that eliminates the aft fairings (which are also cracked on my bird).  Does LASAR still have replacement doors?  It looks like they are sold old and they were >$1000 each when they had them.   I've haven't been able to find them sold anywhere (not counting eBay).

Bruce

I still haven’t done a three way and four way speed run after all of the door issues. So for my part in this thread I will get up soon and fill in the final data for my end of this thread.  Thanks for the thread revival guys!! I’m looking at my last post on this one and thinking where the four years went. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2020 at 7:39 PM, INA201 said:

I still haven’t done a three way and four way speed run after all of the door issues. So for my part in this thread I will get up soon and fill in the final data for my end of this thread.  Thanks for the thread revival guys!! I’m looking at my last post on this one and thinking where the four years went. 

Well, don't let another 4 go by! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, 201er said:

If anyone is currently looking for a set of M20J Inner Gear doors, I'm selling mine: https://www.ebay.com/itm/255220194496

Did you get new ones, or are you just giving up on them?

Never mind, I read your ad on EBay.

Edited by N201MKTurbo

• 1 year later...