WINGX NEW IPAD

Just wondering if anyone has downloaded WINGX on the new iPad?

I bought one on Friday and downloaded WINGX on it.

The moving map function has issues.

On Hiltons page I see they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

I had WINGX on my iPad 1 and it was alwayse flawless, was hoping to see if it was faster/better on the newest iPad but so far.......................waiting.

Well the word on the street is that a smaller Ipad will be out before year end. Part of that comes from the screen makers who are gearing proudution for a 7" + screen for Apple. Like Todd I am very happy with WingX on my Ipad 2 and I am a bit concerned over the higher heat of the Ipad 3 so untill something better arrives I am sticking with what I have.

I got the "iPad not to be known as Three."  I run Foreflight, not WingX, but so far I like the Three alot.  Upgraded from a One, which was ok, but the older slower processor was getting clunky.

I did notice more heat, but so far have not seen a shut down due to overheating, but then, I have not flown a long cross-country with it yet either.

So far it is slick, faster than the 1 with a much improved screen.  The internal GPS appears to be improved also, at least, in my limited testing it seems to work find inside the cabin of a GA aircraft, without needing to be able to see out the front windshield to get reception.  It has also worked for me inside of multi-story buildings.

Would not want a smaller screen, this one is just about right to read approach plates, charts, etc.

• 3 weeks later...