1967 M20F Aux Fuel Pump

Hello All,

I have the 1967 M20F. My aux fuel pump works so far but make high pitch noise. A&P suggested to start looking for options to overhaul or replace. 

The current pump appears to be Duke's but with strange part number - 1499-31-1. Can't find it online. 

Any suggestions on what would be the compatible option? 

Images attached with the current assembly.

Appreciate your help in advance!

IMG_6028.jpg

IMG_6027.jpg

IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6025.jpg

1 hour ago, TNIndy said:

I had mine rebuilt at Aeromotors earlier this year. $685 plus.......

Ouch that is a 40% increase over what they asked in 2019 when I had mine done.  Are they still asking the customer to send a check and return shipping label with the core?

It runs infinitely stronger than the original Dukes design and I expect it wall last quite a while longer.

1 hour ago, Shadrach said:

Ouch that is a 40% increase over what they asked in 2019 when I had mine done.  Are they still asking the customer to send a check and return shipping label with the core?

It runs infinitely stronger than the original Dukes design and I expect it wall last quite a while longer.

Yes, you have to pay upfront but there aren't many other options. The shop got a second quote for $1378 so that made the $685 seem a little better

4 hours ago, Born2Fly said:

Hello All,

I have the 1967 M20F. My aux fuel pump works so far but make high pitch noise. A&P suggested to start looking for options to overhaul or replace. 

The current pump appears to be Duke's but with strange part number - 1499-31-1. Can't find it online. 

IMG_6028.jpg

IMG_6027.jpg

IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6025.jpg

I just went through this with my C. Per parts manual for your plane, boost pump for a '67 E/F is Mooney P/N is 610153-501. The equivalent Dukes part number is 4140-00-19A (see https://www.mooney.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/SIM20-47.pdf).  Dukes is defunct. You can have it rebuilt as noted above or order a more modern drop in replacement with better internals from CJ Aviation (directly or via Aircraft Spruce) for ~1300 plus 400 core charge - part number is 4140-00-19ACJ.   Weldon also makes an updated replacement but that one requires a retrofit kit and more install labor.  I needed it fast so I went with the CJ aviation option.  

Edited by DXB
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Born2Fly said:

Hello All,

IMG_6028.jpg

IMG_6027.jpg

IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6025.jpg

See if this is compatible 4140-00-19ACJ New Exchange Fuel Pump - C J Aviation, Inc. (mcssl.com)   OR 

talk to Barry Jones at BJ@JonesAero.net   That's where I got my Rapco 1499-00-21 a few months ago.

• Like 1