AOPA Aircraft Challenge

mooneygirl

Ya know, I love my Mooney.  As a matter of fact, I love ALL the Mooneys, but up against a J-3!  Now that's like competing against motherhood and apple pie.

As a matter of respect I'm not voting....Embarassed

Quote: DaV8or

Just voted. Kinda goofy. Pairing up totally dissimilar aircraft and saying pick one. I couldn't vote for the Mooney because I'm in the Southwest region.

Dave--

I suspect, like many of us, Mike chose the aircraft that suited his mission and is practical. Whenever I see a Cub, I respect it as a flying piece of history. But it doesn't fit my mission--it's too slow, has too short a range and won't carry enough people or my wife's luggage. Wink

It will be an interesting round of voting, to be sure. The "nostalgia effect" will be significant, even among those like me who have never flown a Cub.

But I'll be voting for my plane!

Oh no doubt I think a Mooney is a more suitable airplane to own. However, flying a cub is just fun! You're not going anywhere or doing anything. Just fly to fly. There's something really special about it. So although a Mooney is my kind of plane, it's really hard to say it is a favorite over a cub. Anything else and I wouldn't even hedge for a second. The cubs will get the vote from everyone else so I guess the least I can do is help Mooney lose this category with dignity =)

Quote: 201er

Oh no doubt I think a Mooney is a more suitable airplane to own. However, flying a cub is just fun! You're not going anywhere or doing anything. Just fly to fly. There's something really special about it.