paging Alan F

36 minutes ago, Alan Fox said:

It is literally worth ZERO dollars , This guy will pay to have it scrapped , You cant even sell the scrap , you have to pay to dispose of it...

Don't sugar coat it Allen. Give it to us straight. We can handle it.  :)

5 hours ago, Pinecone said:

How many M20As are there?

I was wondering the same thing. Can't be many. 

$40,000 for a "new" engine

$30,000 for some semblance of modern avionics?

Tank reseal I'm sure. 

Labor dollars not included. 

An A/P project of love....

A hangar neighbor has an M20A that's in excellent shape.   It's a quirky little airplane, though.   He's flown it all over the country.

There's a dash model (aka M20) parked outside at our airport that is a derelict.   It appears to have been in the middle of somebody's restoration and then got pushed outside quite a few years ago.   The wing has steadily deteriorated and now has some gaps and holes in the surface from weathering.   Won't be long and it'll be trash if it isn't already.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

I think there are very few actually.  But I do try to avoid maligning another Mooney pilot’s airplane, and I think that is the point that Anthony was trying to make.   

I was teasing then and was teasing now.  Sorry for confusion there.  A wood tail?  Not ever, but the Mooney wood wing is a thing of beauty.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Echo said:

A wood tail?  Not ever, but the Mooney wood wing is a thing of beauty.

The wooden tails should have all been replaced with metal tails by AD sometime during the early 60s.

I've only seen photos, but the wooden wings are truly things of beauty!

• Like 3