Beacon Position

Pinecone

I would appreciate if someone with a Mid body and a lower beacon could take some measurements of the location of the beacon, I would appreciate it.

I would like to add a beacon.  1)  It is a good safety thing for ground ops to let people know that the engine is running or about to run.   And 2), if you leave it on all the time, a quick glance as you walk away lets you know you turned the master off. :)

Not quite measurements, but at least you get a sense of where my beacon is located.  A couple of rivets were new and painted over from AP servo install.  But beacon was original install location, just replaced with LED.

Marc.

IMG_6284.jpg

IMG_6285.JPG

IMG_6286.jpg

I am going with LED.  Not the streamlined one as that was more than full AMU over the round one.

This one - https://www.gallagheraviationllc.com/WAT-28V-OR36R2N-Red-LED-Beacon-28-VDC-26-Base_p_177.html

What I need is the fore and aft position on the tail cone.  I know it goes centerline. :)

Mine is just forward of the static port but I think it’s more of just keeping it away from servos brackets. So I think you have a fairly wide fore-aft area to place it. And it’s also not on the center line but more on the right of center. 

IMG_8002.jpeg