Remove headliner M20M

Roger M

On 6/6/2023 at 7:53 AM, Roger M said:

On my M20M, I want to remove my front radio antenna on top of the plane, clean the contact point antenna to airframe, and reinstall.

What is the procedure for removing the headliner without damaging it?

No Love yet Rodger. Not normal for this group. Let's ask @A64Pilot  He along with many others knows about stuff like this.

On 6/6/2023 at 7:53 AM, Roger M said:

On my M20M, I want to remove my front radio antenna on top of the plane, clean the contact point antenna to airframe, and reinstall.

What is the procedure for removing the headliner without damaging it?

Since you have serial number 27-0221 you have the fiberglass headliner covered in Eurostretch fabric. This is very well-made, you aren't going to damage it if you just make sure all of the necessary fasteners are removed - and there actually aren't that many on this headliner. Look at the picture in the parts manual to see where the fasteners are. If you need a link to the manual, private message me. 

On almost all of these, over the years the Eurostretch fabric has begun to sag a little from the fiberglass. Taking it out is also a good time for an upholstery shop to pull it off and respray it with adhesive, and re-attach it, or just remove the old and buy a couple yards of the material from Aircraft Spruce and have the upholstery shop glue it on the headliner. 

• Like 1

I have an M20K.  Any idea if that newer headliner can be used on an older airplane?
The M20M headliner would be longer than the K.

You'd probably have to buy the entire interior retrofit kit (940129) for the J/K that was installed on the 1997-98 Allegros/Encores.. Last I heard it was $16,000, but that was a few years ago.
https://www.mooney.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Retrofit-Kits.pdf
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Mcstealth said:

No Love yet Rodger. Not normal for this group. Let's ask @A64Pilot  He along with many others knows about stuff like this.

Sorry, but that wouldn’t be me.

This is a Mooney specific question, and I actually have very little Mooney maintenance specific experience