IT Guru Needed for Airports With Food Chart

It seems we all are in need of finding airports that have food RIGHT near by and as a group we have the ability to crowd source a few airports from each member-

I know of several, how about you?

Is there any way to design an online USA chart showing which airports have food?

Maybe a flag or star on the chart and a hot link to the name on the full list of submitted entries?

This way one could at least see a reasonable way to "bend" the flight plan to make such stops.  Still can use other tools for fuel prices, etc. 

Maybe just basic info on each submission- Airport, name of restaurant, and phone number (to check if its open). KISS formula here!

We all have the same need, why can't we make it work as  group? 

We just need the base map and someone willing to input the data. I can input data but I can't make the make the interactive map

Maybe it could be hosted here on MS under a separate heading?

Thoughts- Comments?

If the airport has listed it, ForeFlight will have that info.  I'm assuming G Pilot does as well.

If the info hasn't been listed by the airport, then it would be a pretty daunting task to *assume* a nearby restaurant is easy to get to.  Having a program crunch numbers might show a restaurant .2 miles away....   But in reality it's on the other side of the airport and you have to walk around the 5,000' runway to get to it.

I usually use Google maps/earth to look at the airport and surrounding area to see what's up.    If there's a restaurant shown on the airport it's usually a good idea to click on it and see if a website is listed, then check the website to make sure it still exists and/or will be open.

I flew safety pilot for a buddy a little while back and we ended at Scottsdale airport, which is the closest airport to where I live.    The restaurant was closed.   We'd been there plenty of times before, but now they're closed on Monday.   D'oh.

Keeping anything up-to-date is a difficult task.

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

http://www.100dollarhamburger.com/

^^Needs a 99-cent subscription, so I haven't tried it.  ;)

I'm a subscriber. John Purner does a great job of keeping this up to date by allowing comments from subscribers. I've found a number of places within a couple hundred miles that I probably wouldn't have even looked at otherwise. Well worth the 99 cents a month for my airport culinary quests.

Cheers,
Rick

• Like 2

On 6/2/2023 at 2:04 PM, Rick Junkin said:

I'm a subscriber. John Purner does a great job of keeping this up to date by allowing comments from subscribers. I've found a number of places within a couple hundred miles that I probably wouldn't have even looked at otherwise. Well worth the 99 cents a month for my airport culinary quests.

Cheers,
Rick

Didn’t use to be subscription, I thought I might be grandfathered in but it didn’t give a log in?

Anyway it seems to indicate 99c per year