I am looking for one of these asap . needed for my 98 M20M- - tks stall vane part and picture below

Yesterday I  ran into trouble with my stall vane - tks tiki - switch/vane  . I am searching for a used/reman one or let me know if you no who can fix these asap

I contacted the manufacture and can-ice.

The repair times are really long for a reman or repair

The price of a new on is really $$$$

does anyone have a rem or used one that is certified on the shelf or close to it 

Please et back to me here or dm me please . I really need some resources to find one of these.

I am attaching a few pics

Thank you in advance to the community 

Peter

image.jpeg.f5880e158482f192ad16d3dee0ce6fee.jpegimage.jpeg.c6c3602d9829409cefecb54bbda5df85.jpegimage.jpeg.96abe019e50c8822d12f2c37e7c91166.jpeg

This has been an interesting day on this front. @M20Doc I think we now  have 3 real leads... getting close!I will know soon.Many conversations today about how  the aviation supply chain  for older airplanes seems to be screwed according to so many of the companies i talked to today,There seems to be very little light on the horizon that will change things for the parts supply stream  . One thing is clear, the GA  fleet needs original and oem parts and they are just not available ( i know im talking in generalities). I just dont know how this  sort of thing,or parts needs in general, will get resolved  in the future  as youth move away from the sorts of skills and trades required to get these sort of parts manufactured.  This is an systemic issue now, not just a covid hangover issue evidently . So tonight with a few leads, a prohibitive invoice coming my way, I  am wondering which  bank -account ill have to rob for this one..

.BTW  I did  have learned today  that there is a big difference in the tks- fiki one vs non tks . Thankfully i have a the actual part number

The mooney bravo is always very interesting , unfortunatly my cost per hour just went up again!

Pete

Been there bought the T-Shirt. It says "Guy With Money" on the front and "Kick Me" on the back.

Four  points.

Yes, a new one is like 7000 bucks the last I checked. Textron has a bunch of them for their Caravan 208. It will come with a "new style connector". More on that later

I had mine rebuilt by SafeFlight. It was about 1800 dollars 3 years ago. If you go with this mode, call SafeFlight first, let them know you are AOG, other wise it will take 8 weeks to get it back. 914 954-9500. They are in NY. I had to do all this while negotiating NY Covid restrictions in late 2020.

Your connector is the "old style". Make sure and tell them not to remove it! They will if you don't and then you are up Sierra Charlie unless you take good photos before sending it in. (they at least returned the old one to me so I was able to re-attach. I have confirmed with CAV that this connector is conformal to their STC on a FIKI airplane.

If I were you, I would have that one rebuilt unless your checkbook needs a smoking hole.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

Just wait until your speed brakes need to go in.  Precise Flight just raised their prices substantially.

wow .. I can't take all of this great news about place I may have to spend money .....lol!!  I had the speed brakes sent out a few years ago ,, I might be getting overwhelmed.. might be time to sell the mooney  but I've learned over the past few days that these supply issues are not Mooneys alone.. !

On 5/31/2023 at 11:59 AM, pkofman said:

Yesterday I  ran into trouble with my stall vane - tks tiki - switch/vane  . I am searching for a used/reman one or let me know if you no who can fix these asap

I contacted the manufacture and can-ice.

The repair times are really long for a reman or repair

The price of a new on is really $$$$

does anyone have a rem or used one that is certified on the shelf or close to it 

Please et back to me here or dm me please . I really need some resources to find one of these.

I am attaching a few pics

Thank you in advance to the community 

Peter

image.jpeg.f5880e158482f192ad16d3dee0ce6fee.jpegimage.jpeg.c6c3602d9829409cefecb54bbda5df85.jpegimage.jpeg.96abe019e50c8822d12f2c37e7c91166.jpeg

@StevenL757 knows all about where to have this done.

On 5/31/2023 at 3:46 PM, M20Doc said:

Not to be a party pooper, but unless Don can provide documentation for his repair, it won’t work in Canada.

Log entry: "Removed, "cleaned", reinstalled Lift Detector":D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MikeOH said:

Log entry: "Removed, "cleaned", reinstalled Lift Detector":D

The heated lift detector often requires repair of the heater element around the vane as well as the heat pad on the back (the orange flat silicon) which is pretty much a Safe-Flite thing as it cannot be done in the field. Safe-Flite will not sell the heating elements for field repair.

• Like 1

The OP didn’t say what the problem was, but for me I had an intermittent switch. It always worked on the ground but not always on landing. A few shots of WD 40 followed by a lot of compressed air blown in around the vane at all angles cleaned it up and has made it reliable for more than a year now.